Village stay and hike to snow capped peak in Putao, Kachin state, northern Myanmar (Jan 2013)
Back to 2012-2013 small group trips page
This is our forth multiday long distance hike in Myanmar/Burma.
In December 2009 we went to Mt. Phangranrazi in Putao, Kachin state
in the far north. Then in January/February 2011 we went for Mt. Victoria in southern Chin state in the western Myanmar.
Our third Route finding hike to Madwe Razi mountain in Putao was in Dec 2011.
We are going back to Putao again in January 2013. The exact dates will be announced before end of May.
On the roughly 15 days trip we will spend two or three nights in the villages, and do the long distance multiday hike to the snow mountains.
The first and the last nights shall be in Putao town.
The only convenient way to get in and out of Putao is by flight. According to their winter schedule
Air Bagan has flights to and from Putao on Sunday and Tuesday.
We plan to do it in 15 days but if the weather and other consitions are worse than expected it may take more than 15 days.
A small village of Rawan peoples
cooking dinner in the kitchen in a village home
A tribal village with snow mountains in the back drop
A stone dotted cold river coming down from the highland mountains
A Rawan people trail guide and porter on the mountain ridge
What we will provide:
What you need to bring
- Travel permit to Putao, fee payable to Myanmar Tourism Authority, Compulsary licensed guide if applicable
- Local guides and porters
- Accommodation in Putao (basic rooms with bathroom)
- Village homestays
- Foods, snacks and drinks from first day dinner to last day lunch
- Flight ticket Yangon/Mandalay to Putao and return
- Personal shelter (tent), sleeping bag and insulation pad
- Toiletry, hand cleaner, insect repellant
- Water tight backpack
- Appropriate clothing, head cover, gloves, socks suitable for warm 20C down to -15C
- Water resistant mountain hiking boots, gaiters, hiking sandals
- Lighting, headlamps, spare batteries and bulb
- Personal medicines, first aid kit
- Hiking poles, cords, sun glasses, swiss army knife, spoon, forks, cup
- Drinker water container, water purifier or filter, some high energy bars
- Passport, camera and accessories
- Depending on the local conditions we may change the destination to other above 4000 meter peak
- Please purchase travel accident and health insurance, trip cancellation insurance in your place
- Inquiry and booking should be sent to trekthailand (dot) net (at) gmail (dot) com, or use the inquiry form
- Please provide us
- Full name, gender, date of birth, passport number, nationality of each person (you may scan and send your passport)
- Arrival/departure dates and flight details to Yangon
- Your Myanmar travel plan if you visit other areas than Putao (for permit application purpose)
- Food selection or preference
- Approximate weight (kg) of your stuff if you need porter carry for you
- Cost of the trip depends on various conditions so please email us
- Due to permit application time, etc. booking should be done latest mid Nov 2012